Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pain Relievers

 Today, I ate some lunch at Costa Vida and ordered steak with my bean, cheese & rice bowl. Bad idea. I got home about 30 minutes later, jumped into bed, and woke up 2 hours later with thee terrible, knife-cutting-my-left-side-of-my-stomach feeling. Yeah and it hasn't gone away. Of course it hasn't. Maybe in a week if I'm lucky.

I grew up hating medicine, and any kind of pain reliever because it just seems crazy and super artificial to put something into my body that I have no idea about and why it works so well. So every time I get glutened, I come to a cross road. Do I suffer for days with this stomach ache or just kick it every 4-6 hours and take 2 pills each time? Well, I caved in, starting with one, then took one more and then I thought to look online to see if there's any other ways to treat it. Like to relief the burning of my stomach that comes... it seriously feels like my insides have been torched. Or should I lay on my stomach or what?? And then I came across a forum talking about most ibuprofens (which I take) & advils having gluten in them and gives DH bumps (which I swear if I have another DH breakout, I'm going to do something. Bad).

Then I found ANOTHER forum, specifically about the brand I use, and it's totally gluten free! Wow was I worried there for a second.

{Wouldn't it be glorious and kinda insane to have a gluten-pill that you would take before ate something with gluten? Like what people do that are lactose intolerant? Yeah, one day. But I am not going to be the one to be the guinea pig. Okay maybe give me 1-million bucks and I will.}

1 comment:

  1. My sister recently found out that she is intolerant of gluten and she was sooo happy when I showed her your page. You are so helpful with everything! I laughed at your comment about how you wish there was a gluten pill that did what lactaid pills do for lactose intolerant people -- my sister literally said the exact same thing to me the other day! It just reminded me that you are all experiencing the same situation and I think, in general, it is kind of nice to know that there are other people going through the same things as you... it is nice to know that you are not alone. Anyway, keep doing what you're doing! :)

    ReplyDelete