Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gluten Free Soy Sauce [breaded] Chicken

Sometimes I forget that a lot of the things I long for (like deep fried breaded chicken for instance), I can simply make at home. And usually it's A LOT easier than I think it would be. A few weeks ago, the husband was out of town and even though I had a lot to do, I planned a dinner at my place for my two high school best friends. I found a recipe for Chicken Stir-fry and the chicken was breaded! I was looking for a recipe rather than just put all the ingredients in a wok because the last time I did, I put way too much stir fry and  I felt like I was drinking soy sauce. SO I wanted to get the exact measurements. Anyways- you will be very pleased with this recipe. Also- this doesn't necessarily mean it has to be an asian meal because it has soy sauce- it's good with potatoes, rice, salad..anything.

Ingredients:
4 boneless chicken thighs
6 tablespoons GF flour (I used Namaste All Purpose)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 garlic powder (or just sprinkle on however much you like! so delicious!)
2 tablespoons oil
All the veggies you want! (see photo above)

4 servings

Directions:
Cut chicken into 1 inch strips (or however long you want them to be!). Place in ziplock bag. Add flour and toss to coat. Combine soy sauce and garlic powder, then add to the bag. Shake well and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.

Then: In a large skillet or wok, heat oil. Stir in chicken once hot.

SO SIMPLE and so delicious! Keep the fat on the chicken for the flavor. I don't have a picture of it but I'm sure you can imagine what chicken looks like when it's used with these ingredients. If you want to do stir fry, you just use more oil and add whatever veggies you want (peppers, brocolli, snap peas..) and stir fry those before the chicken. Then add them back to the chicken once the chicken is fully cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment