Thursday, July 22, 2010

Puffy {german} Pancakes


When I was first diagnosed with celiac, a friend of mine gave me GF pancake mix that wasn't the greatest. I actually hated it and it's not because I wasn't used to the texture of different uses of flour, but it just really was horrendous. I have tried it since, and it's still bad. But these homemade german pancakes are amazing! I have used Bob's Red Mill's all-purpose flour and lately I've been using Namaste flour (which in my opinion in the yummiest). 




My sister-in-law Lindsay is pretty much the best cook of all time. She has a recipe blog that I visit weekly to do new recipes. This one below is really good and can be GLUTEN FREE!


6 eggs
1 cup flour -GF
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

3/4 of a cube of butter

Melt the butter in a 375 degree oven in a 9x13 glass pan. Put all of the ingredients except the butter in a blender and blend until smooth. When the butter is melted pour the batter into the hot pan and bake for 20-25 minutes until it is puffy and golden in color. Serve with homemade maple syrup and strawberries.

Enjoy and tell me what you think !

2 comments:

  1. haha that was me! i'm so glad you have figured out how to have pancakes... i LOVE german oven pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thanks Elise! Yes, they were equally delicious gluten-free when you made them for the family! Love you! Trying to add more gluten-free items on my blog just for you!

    ReplyDelete