Thursday, June 30, 2011
GF MOIST Carrot Cake
2 cups GF All Purpose Flour (I used Namaste)
3 teasp baking powder
1 3/4 teasp baking soda
1 teasp salt
1 teasp cinnamon
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons corn oil
4 eggs slightly beaten
2 cups grated carrots (1 small bag of baby carrots worked good)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
(1) 8.5 ounce can crushed pinapple with juice
Cream Cheese Frosting: (if frosting is too thick, add drops of milk)
1/2 cup butter softened
8 ounces cream cheese softened
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 350F and grease pan.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt & cinnamon.
3. Add sugar, corn oil, eggs & mayo
4. Stir well.
5. Sir in the carrots, nuts & pineapple.
6. Spread the greased pan & bake for 30 minutes